Let your toddler become an active explorer and increase her curiosity with this activity.
What You Need:
- What You Need:
- Two small buckets or large bowls with water,
- Dish washing soap
- Washable objects or toys such as toy cars, baby dolls.
What To Do:
- Invite your child to wash the objects you put out for her.
- Add soap to one of the bowls.
- Demonstrate how to put the sponge in the soap water and scrub the item, followed by rinsing in the clean water bowl, and then drying the item with the towel.
- Give your child all the time she wants to experience the activity and repeat the motions.
- Use the words “wash, rinse, and dry” when describing what she’s doing. As she engages in this activity, give her encouragement. Say, “You’re working hard at getting the toys clean. I like how you’re scrubbing the top of the car with the sponge to get it really clean.”
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party