Introduce a variety of textures to baby
What You Need:
• Materials with different textures (e.g. furry, silky, bumpy)
What To Do:
1. Gather a few materials with different textures such as a fuzzy robe, silky scarf, and bumpy mat.
2. Hold the infant up over the fabric and let his feet feel the different textures. Talk to baby about what he is experiencing, “You are stepping on the fuzzy robe. It feels soft.”
3. Older infants may use their whole bodies to explore the textures. This will help baby to learn body awareness by using their sense of touch.
4. Change the materials with assorted textures to enhance this activity.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.