Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this burrito with your little one.
What You Need:
• 2 slices deli turkey
• 2 cheese slices
• 1 whole wheat tortilla
• ½ a medium avocado; seeded
What To Do:
1. As you read the recipe to your child, have him count out the first three ingredients and put them aside.
2. Have your child scoop out the inside of the avocado with a spoon, and mash it with a fork.
3. As he is doing this, ask him “Why do you think we need to mash the avocado for our recipe? How is it different now that you mashed it? Do you think it will taste different?”
4. Have him spread 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado on one side of the tortilla with a spoon.
5. Next, have him place the turkey slices, then cheese slices on top of the avocado and tortilla.
6. Help your child fold the left and right sides of the tortilla toward the center, and roll the other ends of the tortilla up over the mixture to form a burrito. Use directional words such as “left”, “right”, “top” and “bottom”, to describe how to roll the tortilla.
7. Cut the burrito in half and enjoy!
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party