Fun finger plays that you can do with your child.
What You Need:
What To Do:
1. Show your child how you can put your thumb in your fist.
2. Ask her to copy you. For example, “Can you put your thumb inside your fist?” Praise her when she does: “Good job!”
3. Ask her what happened to her thumb: “Where’s your thumb? Is it gone?”
4. Show her how to pop her thumb out of her fist and say, “Now pop your thumb out!”
5. Recite the lines below and make the motions together:
Thumb-in-the-box, sit so still. (Make a fist and place your
thumb inside your fingers)
Will you come out?
Yes I will! (Pop your thumb out of your fist).
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party