A yummy snack to use with a tea party with stuffed animal friends
What You Need:
- 1 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
What To Do:
- Have your child help combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- As you mix the ingredients (using a mixer or with a whisk), talk about how the ingredients are blending together.
- Together, pat the dough into a ball, and roll dough out flat.
- Talk to your child about how to use a cookie cutter and together cut out biscuits using a teddy bear (or other shaped) cookie cutter.
- Place the cut shapes onto a pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- After making the biscuits, you can encourage your child to have a “Teddy Bear Tea Party!” Have your child bring her teddy bears or stuffed animals to the party and have a magical time together eating the biscuits and sipping water or milk from a tea cup.
Adapted from https://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/teddy-bear-tea-party.html
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party