This fall desert is something that you and your child can both make and enjoy together.
What You Need:
1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
½ cup banana (about 2 small), mashed
1 cup evaporated milk, fat-free
2 T brown sugar, packed
2 egg yolks, beaten
½ t salt
Non-stick cooking spray, as needed
¼ cup raisins
1 T sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
What To Do:
1. Have your child help mash the sweet potatoes and bananas in a medium bowl. Together, stir together sweet potato and banana. Talk about how the texture and color of the ingredients are changing.
2. Have your child add milk to the mixture, as you blend the mixture well.
3. Have her add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt and continue to mix thoroughly. Talk about how the mixture changes as each ingredient is added and stirred together.
4. Spray a 1-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray. Have her spoon the mixture into the casserole dish.
5. Have her combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl and together sprinkle it over top of sweet potato mixture.
6. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Adapted from: http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/healthieryou/html/recipes.html
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.