Have fun creating this cold noodle dish together.
What You Need:
- 2 bundles somen noodles
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cooked meat, sliced
- 1/2 kamaboko
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced, lengthwise
- 2 eggs, beaten, fried and sliced thin
- 2-3 green onions minced
- 1-2 T sugar
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 T shoyu
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, have your child break the uncooked somen noodles in half.
- Add the broken noodles to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes (or according to package instructions), then drain.
- Fill a bowl with water and ice. Help your child pour the cold water onto the noodles to rinse and cool them.
- Place noodles in a large dish. Have your child place the rest of the prepared toppings on the noodles, starting with the lettuce, then cucumbers, meat, egg, onions, and kamaboko.
- In another bowl, measure the dressing ingredients and have your child pour the dressing over the noodles and vegetables.
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party