Enjoy this healthy summertime treat
What You Need:
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple (packed in its own juice instead of packed in syrup), drained
- 1 can frozen pineapple or orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- Small paper cups
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Plastic wrap
What To Do:
- Put all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
- Have your child scoop the mixture into the paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
- Put a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
- Using the popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
- Put the cups in the freezer until the mixture is frozen solid.
- Remove the plastic wrap and peel away the paper cup. Talk about how the mixture has changed and what the popsicle tastes like.
Adapted from: KidsHealth
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party