Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy this delicious sushi recipe with your child!
What You Need:
- 1 ½ cup sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- 3 T sushi vinegar
- 6 ounces imitation crab meat or canned tuna
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 Japanese cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 sheets roasted nori
What To Do:
- Cook rice in rice cooker. Once done, fold in the sushi vinegar.
- Spread the rice onto a cutting board so it can cool.
- Have your child combine the crab with mayonnaise. Talk about how the mixture is changing.
- Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil. Lay down a sheet of nori, then have your child scoop in half of the rice. Help him spread it evenly.
- Have him layer the avocado, then cucumbers, then crab mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with furikake, then add the rest of the rice and nori. Talk about the colors and tastes of each ingredient.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap, then place a second 8x8 pan on top of the sushi. Weigh it down with canned goods and let sit, pressed for an hour.
- Turn the square of the sushi onto a cutting board. Slice evenly.
Adapted from Foodland Supermarket
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.