Use this local food to make a sweet treat
What You Need:
- ¼ cup cooked and mashed Okinawan sweet potato
- 2 cups half and half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
What To Do:
- Mix ingredients until well blended and pour mixture into a quart-size plastic freezer bag. Release air, seal the bag, and reinforce the seal with masking tape.
- Fill a 3 lb. coffee can 1/3 full with ice.
- Add ¼ cup rock salt, the sealed freezer bag, and another ¼ cup of rock salt on top.
- Place the lid tightly on the can and reinforce the seal with masking tape.
- Sit on the floor with your child and roll the can to each other for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, empty the can. Then, repeat steps #2 - #5.
- Now your ice cream is ready to eat! Yum! (Note: if the ice cream is not hard enough, place the bag in the freezer until it hardens).
Adapted from Hawaiian Electric
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Make your own sock puppet.
A fun activity you can do with your child that encourages following directions and hands on learning.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Try this recipe after reading Plenty Saimin by Feng Feng Hutchins
Use this game to model words and turn taking
Try the following games as you model turn taking, listening, cooperating, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
During everyday activities, sing to or play simple games with your baby.