This delicious and healthy treat is a perfect snack to make with your keiki
What You Need:
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (or other herbs)
- 1 16-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic and parsley. Stir.
- Have the child add the beans to the mixture and mash it with a fork. Add salt, to taste.
- Have the child decorate the bean dip with cheese and assorted vegetables to make monster faces. Enjoy!
Adapted from http://healthpoweredkids.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/After-school-Monster-Mash-Bean-Dip.pdf
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party