During meals, turn the TV off and redirect your child by engaging him in what “special” food will be revealed.
What You Need:
- Clean towel or paper bag
What To Do:
- Before setting the table, choose one dish (e.g. sliced apples) to be the “special” food to be revealed.
- Hide the apples using the towel or paper bag and place it on the table.
- Say, “It’s time for lunch! I wonder what the hidden food is today. Can you guess? No peeking!”
- Encourage him to think of different foods by giving him hints. “It’s something that is red on the outside, sweet, and grows on trees. When we eat it, it goes “crunch!”
- After lunch, show him images of apple trees and pretend to pick the apples by stretching and jumping.
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party