Use local ingredients to make an easy and delicious snack
What You Need:
- 2 c papaya, ripe, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ c red onion, diced
- 2 T garden herbs, minced (cilantro, oregano, thai basil, parsley, etc.)
- 2 T lime juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
What To Do:
- Prepare all the ingredients together with your child. As you peel, de-seed, and chop the ingredients, talk about how each item smells, feels and looks.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix them together.
- Eat with multigrain crackers, whole grain pita or vegetable sticks. You can even add the salsa to tacos and burritos.
Adapted from Farm to Keiki by Tiana Kamen
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.