Teach your child how brushing your teeth keeps surfaces clean.
What You Need:
- Hardboiled egg with white shell
- A glass
- Can of cola or dark soda
- Ladle or spoon
- Brown colored crayon
What To Do:
- Together with your child, carefully place a hardboiled egg into the glass.
- Pour the cola into the glass, making sure that the egg is fully submerged. Leave it overnight.
- The next day, have your child take the egg out of the glass with a ladle or spoon. Talk about what she sees. Ask her, “What happened?” “Why do you think it turned this color?”
- Provide your child with toothpaste and a toothbrush. Have your child brush the brown egg. Give direction on how to brush to get the egg shell white again. Explain to your child how the egg represents a tooth. Ask her, “What might happen if you do not brush your teeth?”
Adapted from Kaneohe Public Health Nurses
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party