An introduction to gardening
What You Need:
- Sunflower seeds
- Plastic cups (cardboard egg carton or recycled food containers)
- Spray bottle
- Scoop to transfer soil to cup
What To Do:
- Encourage your child to scoop the soil into the cup. Fill to ¾ of the cup.
- Poke 2 holes in the soil.
- Place a seed in each hole and cover the seeds with soil.
- Spray the soil with water (this can be done daily).
- As the plant grows (it usually takes a few days for a small sprout to appear), talk about how the plant is growing.
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
A fun activity you can do with your child that encourages following directions and hands on learning.
Make your own sock puppet.
Try this recipe after reading Plenty Saimin by Feng Feng Hutchins
Use this game to model words and turn taking
Try the following games as you model turn taking, listening, cooperating, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
During everyday activities, sing to or play simple games with your baby.