Growing Sunflowers PDF FACEBOOK SHARE ICON.
An introduction to gardening
What You Need:
- Sunflower seeds
- Plastic cups (cardboard egg carton or recycled food containers)
- Spray bottle
- Scoop to transfer soil to cup
What To Do:
- Encourage your child to scoop the soil into the cup. Fill to ¾ of the cup.
- Poke 2 holes in the soil.
- Place a seed in each hole and cover the seeds with soil.
- Spray the soil with water (this can be done daily).
- As the plant grows (it usually takes a few days for a small sprout to appear), talk about how the plant is growing.
Jan Ken Po (Junk an’ a po)
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Have fun counting with your little one by using stamps and stickers in a number chart.
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Massage My Gums
Expose your child to gum cleaning, a precursor to brushing teeth.
Delicious recipe that will help your child learn how to sequence in a fun way!
Feed the Monster
As preschoolers start to interact and play with others, you can introduce and reinforce the concepts of sharing.
Snack Mix to Share
Model the concept of sharing by making this snack and sharing with friends and family.
Add communication skills when teaching turn taking by adding gestures and words.
My Turn, Your Turn
Use this game to model words and turn taking