Arrange fruit chunks to make a fun treat!
What You Need:
- A variety of fruits, such as: apple, banana, watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries, cut into chunks
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- ¼ c. dried coconut, shredded
- Wooden skewer sticks
What To Do:
- Arrange the fruit chunks onto a large plate by type. Keep the coconut on a separate plate.
- Help your child slide pieces of fruit onto the skewer and design his own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit he wants. Do this until the stick is almost filled from end to end. Count the number of fruits used and encourage your child to make a pattern with the fruit. For example, “You put one apple then one banana then one apple and then one banana, what comes next?”
- Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
- Eat and enjoy!
Adapted from KidsHealth
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party