Cooking allows children to experiment, ask questions, learn routine, and it builds their basic knowledge of food. Enjoy cooking with your child and show them that you appreciate their help in the kitchen.
What You Need:
- 4 rice cakes
- ¼ cup soft cream cheese
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 cup of assorted fresh and dried fruit
What To Do:
1. In a small bowl, help your child measure the cream cheese, add vanilla and stir to blend.
2. Wash the fruit with your child. Allow older children to cut the softer fruits into small pieces with a plastic knife.
3. Have your child spread cream cheese on top of each rice cake to cover it.
4. Let your child decorate with different fruits. Enjoy eating together!
Adapted from: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=372891
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party