Cooking allows children to experiment, ask questions, learn routine, and it builds their basic knowledge of food. Enjoy cooking with your child and show them that you appreciate their help in the kitchen.
What You Need:
- 4 rice cakes
- ¼ cup soft cream cheese
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 cup of assorted fresh and dried fruit
What To Do:
1. In a small bowl, help your child measure the cream cheese, add vanilla and stir to blend.
2. Wash the fruit with your child. Allow older children to cut the softer fruits into small pieces with a plastic knife.
3. Have your child spread cream cheese on top of each rice cake to cover it.
4. Let your child decorate with different fruits. Enjoy eating together!
Adapted from: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=372891
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.