Create a hide and seek type game using an alarm clock or timer.
What You Need:
- Ticking alarm clock or timer
What To Do:
- Ask your child to cover his eyes.
- Hide the clock or timer (under a cushion or blanket, behind the sofa, etc.).
- Have your child uncover his eyes and find the ticking clock by listening, giving hints as needed such as “Do you think you should look under the cushions on the couch?”
- As his listening skills develop, hide the clock in more difficult places.
Variation: If you don’t have an alarm clock or timer, try using a cell phone with its alarm activated.
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party