Enjoy this bite-sized healthy snack with your little one!
What You Need:
- ½ medium head cauliflower
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and coarsely chop the cauliflower. Using a food processor, pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped. Do not over process.
- Place the finely chopped cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. And have your child help add the remaining ingredients. Have her stir to blend well.
- Together, place a rounded tablespoon of mixture into each mini muffin well. Pat down to form a nugget.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until bites are crispy brown on both sides.
Adapted from the Kansas City Star
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party