Have your child create clothespin magnets to hold things such as grocery lists or messages.
What You Need:
• Wooden clothespin
• Scissors (for adult use only)
• Washable markers
• White glue (such as Elmer’s Glue®**)
• Adhesive magnet strips or recycled magnets
What To Do:
1. Cut out a shape, such as a ladybug, turtle, plumeria, or the first letter of your child’s name, from the felt.
2. Have him decorate the shape with markers or other pieces of felt.
3. Show him how to glue the felt shape onto one flat side of the clothespin. Allow the glue to dry.
4. Attach a small piece of magnet strip or glue a recycled magnet to the other flat side of the clothespin.
5. Have him stick his clothespin magnet on your refrigerator and explain that he can use it to hang his artwork or special messages.
6. Ask him to draw a picture to hang there. Show him how to press and release the clothespin to secure his drawing.
7. Have him create other clothespin magnets to hold things such as grocery lists or messages for family members.
! Safety Alert: Adult-size scissors are not safe for young preschoolers. Keep them out of children’s reach.
** Use of brand names is for informational purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the Learning to Grow Project.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.