Make a delicious meal using a chip bag!
What You Need:
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped into cubes
- 1 bag cheese, Mexican blend
- ½ bottle Italian Lite Dressing
- ½ can of olives *optional
- ½ bag of cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 2 large gallon size re-sealable bags
What To Do:
- Together, wash and tear the lettuce into small pieces (shreds).
- Have your child put the lettuce, cheese, and olive in one of the large re-sealable bags to mix the ingredients together.
- Pour the chips into the other re-sealable bag. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag shut.
- Have your child crush the bag with his hands and shake 10 times, counting out loud. (Be careful not to let your child crush the chips too much or they will be too small.)
- Just before you are ready to serve, combine the chips with the other ingredients into one bag. Have your child shake the bag 10 times, counting out loud.
- Place half of the bottle of dressing into a small pitcher with a pouring spout and have your child pour that into the salad. Have your child toss ingredients and count to 10 once more, counting out loud.
- Spoon out the salad into bowls and serve.
Adapted from a recipe from Kili, Aina, and Hanu Racoma
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Use this activity to bond with your child
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party