Enjoy this brain boosting smoothie together!
What You Need:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 20 plain roasted or raw almonds OR 1-2 T of almond butter
- 2 T wheat germ
What To Do:
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the pit. Then, let your child use a metal spoon to scoop out the avocado into the blender.
- Help your child measure a cup of the blueberries and add them to the blender.
- Help your child measure and pour a cup of pomegranate juice and add it into the blender.
- Together with your child, count and add 20 almonds to the blender OR scoop and add almond butter.
- Scoop and add wheat germ.
- Securely cover the blender and blend ingredients until smooth. Have your child notice how the ingredients change as they mix in the blender.
- Enjoy this brain boosting smoothie together!
Adapted from https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/berry-brainy-blizzard-a-smoothie-for-kids/
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.