Have your child explore with his five senses by helping you in the kitchen.
What You Need:
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, pressed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
What To Do:
- Press the tofu between two pans layered with cloth or paper towels for at least an hour to remove most of the water content.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 2 inch sized pieces.
- Together with your child, whisk milk, mustard, and spices in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, have the bread crumbs prepared.
- Take one piece of tofu and dip it into the milk mixture, then put it into the bread crumbs bowl.
- Have your child cover the tofu piece with bread crumbs, making sure to cover the tofu completely.
- Place the tofu piece onto a baking sheet.
- Repeat the process until all the tofu pieces are covered with bread crumbs. Make sure to lay the tofu pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games.
Preschoolers hear and play with sounds in words through singing and by playing rhyming games. Use this recipe to introduce words that have the same beginning sounds.
Toddlers develop alphabet knowledge when they are able to explore alphabets through sensory experiences.
Cooking teaches valuable lessons. Enjoy making this snack with your child.
Create a board of various objects and talk to your infant about the items, using descriptive words to build your child's vocabulary.
This healthy snack is perfect for hot summer days
Make your own book about a special day or person.
Use cup phones to teach your child about communication.
Help your infant's physical development by incorporating this tummy time activity to her daily routine.