While doing this recipe, sing a song while completing each task.
What You Need:
- Whole-grain bread, 2 pieces
- 1-2 avocados
- Optional toppings: sprouts, grated carrots, tomatoes, etc.
What To Do:
- While doing this recipe with your keiki, sing “This is the Way...,” sung to the tune of: “Here we Go ‘Round the Mulberry Bush” while completing each task, e.g., washing, mashing, and spreading the avocado.
- Discuss the color and texture of avocado (prior to cutting). Together, wash the avocados and sing: “This is the way we wash avocados, wash avocados, wash avocados; This is the way we wash avocados for our snack!”
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise, and remove the pits.
- Help him scoop out the fruit into a bowl and mash the avocados with a fork.
- Toast the bread and cut it in half.
- Have him spread two spoonfuls of avocado onto his toast. Sprinkle with optional seasonings and toppings.
- Enjoy and sing together – “This is the way we eat our snack, eat our snack…. Yummy avocado toast!”
Teach your child Jan Ken Po to decide who goes first when taking turns
Help build your child's fine motor skills by doing this activity with him.
Use this activity to bond with your child
Make your own box car and have your child race around the house.
With your family, share different stories from the past with your child.
You can encourage STEM learning by encouraging your toddler to be curious and ask questions.
STEM is all about problem solving through the use of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Children’s first learning experiences with water usually include all kinds of pouring.
Make tea for a garden tea party